Windows ME-virus, worm, spyware?-help!

Discussion in 'Software' started by yona15, Sep 17, 2004.

1. yona15

yona15 Private E-2

Hello- I would like to start off saying that when it comes to computer knowledge, I am on the bottom rung of the ladder. :( To make a long story short I have been getting several error messages and a message from my work server ( I work from home) sent me a message ClamAV:Encrypted.zip contains worm Bagle.Gen-zipped. I downloaded spy-bot and lavasofts Ad-Aware. which I have successfully used I usually find about 6-7 critical objects and delete them. Today I ran it due to the extremely slow, hanging, errors and fear of computer crash that I experienced. It found 68 critical objects and then when I went to delete them received an error message sayingA required.DLL.file,C:\programfiles\winad client\ winad,exe.was not found. I tried restoring to a different time which allowed me to delete 55 critical objects but I couldn't log on to the internet or update Ad-Aware. When I launched my internet connection it would go to the home page which has no home page and when I tried to go to a different site I received error: server cannot be found. I don't know what else to do. Can anyone possibly help me? I am at my wits end! :rolleyes: Thank you. awaiting patiently for anyone :)

2. billH

billH Master Sergeant

Hi Yona :) I found this bagle remover tool on the FSecure site click here . Look under the "disinfection" just below the "summary" header.

3. yona15

yona15 Private E-2

Hi billH- thank you for your suggestion, I did that but I didn't have a worm after all. I was able to scan with ad-aware again today and removed 6 more critical objects. I removed 55 last night. I read in consumer reports that Lavasofts ad-aware was the best tool for spyware, etc. but do you have any suggestions as to why I keep getting all these bugs on a daily basis? I am not downloading anything from website's so I can't figure out what is going on although, I do have broadband from my computer internet service. What other software do you think I should have as far as security and such? Thank you for your help.

4. billH

billH Master Sergeant

I'd reccommend SpyBot Search and Destroy . It's a very nice compliment to AdAwareSE.
    And also SpywareBlaster it's the best at invisible,seamless protection. Make sure when you download both that the first thing, whenever you fire them up, you do is check for updates (as you should be doing with AdawareSE, but then you do do that every time, don't you? Of course you do. Silly question ;) )

5. yona15

yona15 Private E-2

yes, I do and thank you.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds