Windows Media Center 2005 - Restricted Content

Discussion in 'Software' started by drawson, Aug 7, 2006.

1. drawson

drawson Private E-2

I built a media center PC last summer mostly to record tv shows so I can watch them when I have time. In the past couple of months I have started getting an error message about "Restricted Content" and the show won't play in media center. It started happening with movies so I wasn't too concerned. I assumed it was a copyright protection. This week I've been getting it on network programming. Even the soap my wife records. Are the broadcasters protecting everything or do I have some type of problem with my system.

I have a hunch that it is due to me installing windows media player 10 but haven't uninstalled it to test my theory yet. Does anyone out there know what my problem is?

2. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

Media Center PC is built with DRM Digital right management that's why this
    O.S is very sensative to copyright the thing is install window media 9
    and i think you will be okay i knows they're is a service you have to disable for DRM but i don't remember wich one try google.....

3. drawson

drawson Private E-2

Thanks Clark.

I made a mistake in my post. It wasn't Media Player 10 I recently installed it was the 11 beta. I've rolled back to 10 and I'll see if that helps.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds