Windows Media mp3s Won't Play in i-tunes

Discussion in 'Software' started by isitsafe, Mar 27, 2009.

1. isitsafe

isitsafe Private E-2

Hi MG :)

I've downloaded i-tunes because I got myself an i-pod. The program imported all my Windows Media mp3s but its stored half of them in a 'compilations' folder (not visible on the interface). I imported the compilations folder into the main i-tunes music section but these tracks now all have that damned exclamation mark beside them and i-tunes won't play them - it says that it can't locate the files.
    Now these files play fine in WMP so I'm not sure what's going on....Can anyone help?
    Many thanks in advance!
    polly

2. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

have you tried to import them again. your file may have been corrupted during the move.
    Next time you try to import do a small amount at a time, and see if that helps get them there.

3. isitsafe

isitsafe Private E-2

Yeah...I did try to import them again and the same thing happened...same files too :(
    I'll try your suggestion of importing a small batch at a time...fingers crossed! Thanks for your advice :)
    polly

4. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

I've never used I tunes but I have large amounts of music files on one of my ext hdd and when I tried to back the whole file up at once some of the files became corrupted so I had to do it 50 songs at a time and it worked fine..
    just a thought

5. isitsafe

isitsafe Private E-2

I'll give it a shot and let you know - thanks again :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds