Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound

Discussion in 'Software' started by vezpolo, Jul 3, 2008.

1. vezpolo

vezpolo Private E-2

same problem, no sound. help me

Attached Files:

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Re: Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your so

This is your chipset driver, install it first.
    Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility

Your Everest Reposrt shows both Soundmax and Creative SB installed.
    Dell shows the Creative as the factory upgrade.
    Do you know what Device you were using before your sound went?
    SoundMax or SB Audigy?

Check: Device Manager for bad drivers.
    For XP: Go to Start>Control Panel> System. On the Hardware tab, click Device Manager, then click the plus sign in front of Sound, Video, Game Controllers.
    In Device Manager, if there is a ? in front of your audio device, that means no audio driver is installed.
    A ! means driver installation attempted but with problems

It should show which audio is being used by your PC.

3. vezpolo

vezpolo Private E-2

Re: Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your so

thanks, I uploaded the new driver for the chipset, and the last program that i was using for sound was the SB Live! so i went to where you told me to go and i disabled my 3D sound program. still no fix. I am hoping that the new Report I made helps. Thanks so far.

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds