Windows Media Player Library Malfunction

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kaddock, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Kaddock

Kaddock Private E-2

So I know windows media player isn't great, but it is convenient for me. However, my library is suddenly going loopy, splitting CDs in half in the albums menu. For example, a cypress hill CD I have is split into 4 albums, all the same cover, name, album, and artist info. WMP has also stopped recognizing media changes on my compilations too, such as the a soundtrack with different artists on it will pop up as the soundtrack being the artist, while the files properties blatantly list differently! I have never seen this happen before now. I have reset the database, reinstalled, deleted and re-detected. Nothing is working! Any ideas, or does anyone know of a media player that is similar? I particularly like how this program sorts by album art, because my brain processes it faster! Please help! Thanks :confused

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Check really close for some un-noticeable typo.... (extra space, lower-case where there should be a capital), any slight difference will split off a song

3. Kaddock

Kaddock Private E-2

Thanks for the reply. I went into both the properties displayed by WMP and those displayed by the root file, and they were the same... But I copied the info from one album and applied it to all the loose songs, and after a few mins, they are now back together. Weird cause I could have sworn I tried all that about five times... I guess I just needed to try another day! Oddly enough, some track were being displayed as doubles, but were actually not, and I had to look at the info in the root, then retype it in WMP. Strange, but thanks for the suggestion, it made me look again! :D I am still having the problem with the compilation albums though... that's even stranger because two of the tracks separate into the actual artist that I typed in when I sort by artist, but all of the rest just display the compilation's title as the artist. Arg. I guess I will just edit them in windows media player, cause changing the root file doesn't seem to help.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2007

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds