Windows Media Player not loading properly

Discussion in 'Software' started by gingerninja, Jul 1, 2006.

1. gingerninja

gingerninja Private E-2

Please Help.

Every time I try to play an MP3, DVD, mpeg etc Windows Media Player loads into the taskbar but I cannot see the Media Player itself. I can hear music playing however.

Having been away for the past month and allowing others to use my pc while away leads me to think that something they have downloaded may have caused the problem. The only thing I've identified is a sun java console. Could this have caused the problem???

I have since my return been able to use the media player but I found streaming from the internet would often cause internet explorer to close and got an error response from microsoft telling me it was a problem with add-ons. I therefore disabled the sun java add-ons but the problem still occurred.

In the last few days I have been stuck with the problem of not being able to watch mpegs or dvd's etc because the player does not display itself. I have tried to reinstall but to no avail.

I am running Windows XP Professional ver 5.1.2600 with service Pack 2.
    I have an AMD Athlon XP 3000+ processor 2.1GHz and 512MB of R.A.M.
    My version of Windows Media Player is 9.00.00.3250 and I'm using Internet Explorer version 6.0.2900.2180. I have DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0).

Is there anything I can do?

2. infoseeker

infoseeker Master Sergeant

what version of WMP?

3. gingerninja

gingerninja Private E-2

Version 9.0.0.3250

4. infoseeker

5. gingerninja

gingerninja Private E-2

Thanks for your help but neither solution works.

Because I can't see windows media player I cannot see if there is an error message. I'm not even sure that there is a windows media player error. The player plays music normally so essentially is working fine except for the fact that the window will not maximise.

I have just installed WMP10 but the same problem persists....

6. infoseeker

Click [Start] [Run] and type sfc /scannow in the [Open] box.
    (Note that there is a space between sfc and /scannow)

it might need your windows cd

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds