windows movie maker- its a small problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by rkbiker89, Apr 21, 2005.

1. rkbiker89

rkbiker89 Private E-2

hi, i just wanted to know how you make audio come from the video at one part of the movie and audio come from a song at another part. so far all i could do is either play a song for the whole movie or just play the audio from the video. i want to know how to use both. if anybody knows how i would greatly appreciate it.

2. Dog Slobba

Dog Slobba Private E-2

the way i do it is work out the length of audio you need (eg by using the timeline function) then to use a separate audio editing program (eg goldwave) to make a customised audio clip,then paste it in at the right moment. hope this helps.

3. SGC_Geek

SGC_Geek Private First Class

Without spending money or are you looking for help on finding a Video editing tool?

What you need is a video editing tool that allows you to fade-in/fade-out normal video-audio and bacground music.

Pinnacle Studio 9 is such a tool. There are other less expensive routes.

4. barnburner

barnburner Private First Class

I use a free audio editing program called Audacity (I think it's included in the download section here - if not - do a google search.)
    It will do anything you want in terms of editing audio files.
    You just make each audio file fit the timeline you want and it will fit right in on your timeline.

5. rkbiker89

rkbiker89 Private E-2

so there is no way to change audio levels during a movie in windows movie maker?

6. SGC_Geek

What are your goals with Windows Movie Maker? Is this a one time use? Or are going to get into editing home videos to record to DVD?

7. barnburner

barnburner Private First Class

If I read correctly what you were saying in your initial post, I think you want to replace the movie audio at various points with music audio.
    If so, sure - you can cut out the movie audio at the selected points, and
    replace with your music audio, after you edit it with an editing program to fit the selected time frame.

8. geek2008

geek2008 Private E-2

use linux

9. rkbiker89

rkbiker89 Private E-2

ok this is what happend: i downloaded a music video, and it is the clean version. i want to swap out the clean version with the explicit version which i have. the video doesnt start with the song though, it starts with a little intro to the video. so i want the audio from the intro to play in the video, as well as the explicit version of the song. and i just want to know if this can be done with only windows movie maker.

10. SGC_Geek

Yes, it can be done. The how varies upon the individual and how much effort they are willing to put in to make it happen. One of your main problems will be synchronization. You do want the video and audio to be synchronized, right? Without the right software, patience, and effort, it will be a pain in the ass. I strongly suggest you start spending some time reading home video BBs.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds