Windows Offline Files

Discussion in 'Software' started by RexNoctis, Apr 2, 2008.

1. RexNoctis

RexNoctis Corporal

Hi All,

Just a quick query, I use Offline Files to sync the 'My Documents' folder of my work laptop so I don't have to go through the rigmarole of logging in through the VPN if I don't have to.

Is there a way of having Windows detect what network it is attached to, every time I bring the laptop home and put it on the docking station, it detects the home network and attempts to sync. Obviously it fails because it cannot reach the work fileserver but it is annoying having to cancel it each time, especially when switching it off as it requires the synchronisation dialog box to be closed before the laptop will switch off. (I would love to be able to hit the power button and drop the machine into my bag while it finishes shutting down as I am usually running late in the morning! :))

Alternatively, any suggestions for a good online file syncing service or software, preferably FTP as I already have a secure FTP server. I would want it to run in the background and not tell me each time it can't reach the server, as I do a lot of work offline.

Cheers!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds