windows only starts in safe mode please help me :(

Discussion in 'Software' started by missn00bjuice, Nov 11, 2009.

1. missn00bjuice

missn00bjuice Private E-2

hello, the problem i'm having is my computer wont start in the normal mode. it only starts in safe mode and safe with networking. it was working like normal just this morning. i just loaded a site im on every single day and suddenly a windows virus scan poped up out of no where, i have never seen this virus scanner before because i use bitdefender. so me being the noob i am, closed it thinking it was going to cause more harm then good. it wouldnt close and things were going bonkers so i just tried rebooting my computer. when i tried rebooting it wouldnt let me boot normaly the windows xp logo would pop up and quickly show a blue screen that disappears to fast to read. it restarts and go's to the black screen with the safe mode options. i'm not sure whats wrong but i suspected a virus, but since i cant use my bitdefender in safe mode i resorted to an online bitdefender scan. and it did pick up and delete a couple of trojens. but it's still not working. ive been reading simular post all day. i've tried many of the things that have help other people in simular situations. like the online scan and uninstalling my video card drivers but nothings working. and i cant seem to find anywhere that will let me do a malware scan. i just had a baby girl and i really cant afford to take my computer to a shop. and i really dont want to format and lose everything. i know i'm a noob but if someone could please help me i would be soo grateful.

2. missn00bjuice

i did try the system restore last night. i tried going back to the day before, but nothing happened it still wont load normaly.
    im able to see th blue screen msg now by unclicking autmatically start it says:

a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage. if this is the first time you have seen this error screen restart your computer. if it apprears again follow these steps:
    disable or uninstall any antivirus, disk fragmentaion or back-up utilties, check your hard drive configuration and check for any updated drivers. run CHKDSK / F to check for hard drive corruption then restart

Technical information:
    ***STOP: OXOOOOOO24 (0X001902FE,0XF7965278,0XF7964F74,0X82ECA5DF)
    please help me:cry

3. iwunderdownunder

iwunderdownunder First Sergeant

G'day missn00bjuice
    to get your system restore to function try starting the computer in safe mode and logon as administrator then run the system restore function.if this doesn't work try safe mode with command prompt and at the prompt type chkdsk c:/r tell it you want it to run at next boot then reboot your computer.good luck.

4. missn00bjuice

thanks for the reply, i'll give that a shot right now. :)

5. missn00bjuice

:( nope, didn't seem to work. any other idea's? :p

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds