Windows Partition Data Help Needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Rajat Bnansal, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Rajat Bnansal

Rajat Bnansal Private E-2

Hi, my mistake while choosing partition to install linux on i choose a partition which contained most of my office data
    I stopped the process before it started formatting the data but unfortunately the disk's format was changed to ext3 now i can't mount. How can i recover the data or change the format??? please help me my job could be in danger.

thank you

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

This is not a common situation so it's just not possible to be sure any suggested fix will work. However I would install the free Minitool Partition Wizard and run its Partition Recovery Wizard. This will search your hard drive for old partition markers and offer them to you. Provided the partition has not been overwritten, which is not likely from what you say, there is a fair chance your partition will reappear. PLEASE, never make any changes to disk partitions without first making a full disk image with which you can restore the previous position.

3. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

And my question is: Is this a work(place) computer or your own personal computer? If it's a personal computer, were files synced with the work(place) computer's?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds