windows photo gallery update needed

Discussion in 'Software' started by ckm82, Jun 21, 2011.

1. ckm82

ckm82 Private E-2

i was loading pictures from my camera card to my dell laptop using vista. in the am it worked fine, pm same day i get the message. This file format is not supported. need latest updates to photo gallery. I cant find anything on line. ive tried to do a system restore to the am, but keep getting a flag that i have "the disk c has errors. window has detected file system corruption on C:. you must check the disk for errors before it can be restored. I cant do this without shutting down the system, but it won't let me set up time to check the disk... is this two seperate problems?

thanks for any help,
    Cindy

2. _dinsdale_

_dinsdale_ Corporal

No Vista expert here but since no one else has offered...

Can you explain what you mean here?

3. ckm82

ckm82 Private E-2

when i get the flag about the scan i can either set up time to scan disk c or scan disk upon start up ( i have tried both options) nothing happens, the computer doesn't even "blink" hesitate like it took my reply. I have restarted my computer to see if my reply has taken, but no scan takes place upon start up.

I have also tried to do a scan of disk c by going to my computer and i get the same non response.

4. thisisu

thisisu Malware Consultant

5. ckm82

ckm82 Private E-2

ok i dont have a clue here. i downloaded the link below, it says it is in the registery? now what ? :-o

6. thisisu

once you merge it into the registry.

Try doing a chkdsk on your hard drive now

My Computer > C: > Right mouse click C: > PROPERTIES > Tools Tab > Error-Checking > Check Now.. > Automatically Fix file system errors CHECKMARK > Scan and attempt recovery of bad sectors CHECKMARK > START.

Will say it will do it once you restart PC. Would you like the schedule a chkdsk when your pc reboots? > YES

Reboot pc, don't press anything. You should now hopefully have a 5 stage checkdisk in process

7. ckm82

ckm82 Private E-2

nope, that didnt work, either. i tried to do a system restore just to check and the error flag popped up again. any other ideas?

8. thisisu

Run that .reg edit again. Try scheduling a chkdsk like in my previous post a couple of times in a row. It doesn't always work the first try. I have a feeling you just got unlucky. And lay off the system restore :p

9. ckm82

ckm82 Private E-2

thanks again...i tried what you suggested. the start :)up was slower, that is my only indication this might have worked this time. no notice stating it was cking disk c or anything. I was hitting the system restore because that was what would give me the flag telling me disk c had problems. how can i tell if the issue has been taken care of?
    thanks in advance for sticking with me for DAYS between work and kids it takes a while to get back to.

10. thisisu

Doesn't sound like it went processed the request again. You would have seen a screen like this if it did:
    [​IMG]

11. thisisu

Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
  12. ckm82

ckm82 Private E-2

thank you to all you tried to help, it ended up i needed a new hard drive. So hopefully I'll only have good things to report from here on in. I have upgraded to Windows 7...from Vista, hope i like it!!! thanks for all your hard work!
    Cindy

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds