windows photo gallery

Discussion in 'Software' started by Larose, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Larose

Larose Private E-2

when I try to put a still shot into photo gallery {from home video} it does not appear there it goes to desktop instead. how do I do i get it to appear in photo gallery? and windows photo gallery will not open the still shot. I am running vista 64 bit home. Any suggestions please email me at:

larrypeters1@q.com

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What file format is the still shot from the video taken in? (right click it and properties and type of file should mention the extention it uses, like .jpg, .gif etc)

What version of Photo Gallery are you using, latest is Windows Live Photo Gallery 2009 Build 14.0.8064.206 and can be found when in Photo Gallery clicking the down arrow by help icon, then about photo gallery.

If you click File > Import from Scanner or Camera, does that let you import the image?
    Does this image open with MS Paint?

3. Imperfect1

Imperfect1 Private First Class

Are you running Microsoft Office 2007? If so, why don't you try Microsoft Office Picture Manager? It's a GREAT photo editing app and it's right on your system - in Office Accessories (although it's not the default, so most people don't even realize that it's there)! And if you have an earlier version of Office, you probably have its predecessor, Microsoft Photo Editor (located in Office Tools) --- also a great photo editing app!!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds