Windows Repair 3.9.36

Discussion in 'Software' started by kilogulf59, Jul 19, 2017.

1. kilogulf59

kilogulf59 Private First Class

Is Tweaking.com - Windows Repair 3.9.36 good or a gimmick? The reason I ask is I used AVG's repair tool, several years ago, on my old computer and it screwed it all up. Long story, but it cost me a good buck to get it all straightened out.

I have the usual issues, slow to boot up, occasional crash, internet browser's slow and the script error thing. I am on the puter a lot and do a lot of surfing/research on many topics.

Running on a HP laptop (several years old now), Win 8.1. with the latest Firefox 54.0.1 (64 bit). I use AVG, Malwarebytes, and CCleaner.

I'm not geek enough to clean and tweak everything so I was thinking of trying Windows Repair before taking my puter into the local pro-geek.

As well, I am considering switching to another browser as Firefox seems to me having too many issues of late.

Thoughts and/or advice?

Thank you,
    Ken

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

If you read the reviews for it on the MG download page, the video tutorial by MG owner Tim, and the number of threads where it has solved peoples problems - you have your answer.
    You must run it exactly according to the instructions - in Windows Safe Mode - and create a system restore point first, or if you have back up software create a back up to an external USB hard drive.

kilogulf59 likes this.
  3. kilogulf59

Great, thanks.

4. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Another vote for Tweaking.Com Windows Repair. :)

kilogulf59 likes this.
  5. kilogulf59

It worked well. The latest version is out...

Now to get rid of Firefox.

6. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

7. kilogulf59

Well, about a week after using Tweaking.com - Windows Repair my puter seems to be running great with no no ifs, ands, or buts...now to DL it and use it on the wife's laptop...thank folks.

Eldon likes this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds