Windows services that don't start themselves even though you've set them to Automatic

Discussion in 'Software' started by conceptualclarity, Jan 10, 2014.

1. This is happening to me with Print Spooler and Windows Audio.

I absolutely hate it when you try to configure and the software won't obey.

2. Re: Windows services that don't start themselves even though you've set them to Autom

I just looked at the Recovery tab on Windows Audio Properties. (I've never been there before.) First failure, Second failure, and Subsequent failures were all set to "Take no action." I set them all to "Restart the Service."

We'll see if that makes any difference.

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Re: Windows services that don't start themselves even though you've set them to Autom

You might need to set them to Delayed Start. Not all services can startup as early as others, especially ones relying on third party drivers.

4. Re: Windows services that don't start themselves even though you've set them to Autom

I would love to be able to do delayed start on Services. It would surely make my system responsive sooner after bootup than is now the case. I've never seen an option to do that, and I was disappointed that WinPatrol didn't have that option.

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Re: Windows services that don't start themselves even though you've set them to Autom

Hmmm, what OS? I am certain 7 has it, but not sure of anything before that.

6. Re: Windows services that don't start themselves even though you've set them to Autom

It's XP.

7. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds