Windows seven missing operating system.

Discussion in 'Software' started by piker, May 15, 2013.

1. piker

piker Private E-2

Problems started with windows updates failing,i went through the malware cleaning process on the malware forum and got the all clear.
    I ran the acer recovery tool and got an error message-

The exception unknown software exception (0xc000000d) occurred in the application at location 0x1006b6e2.

Click ok to terminate the program.

I clicked ok as there was no other option and the screen went black with the message- missing operating system

What can i do now,i have no disc with the pc.

2. WinOutreach2

WinOutreach2 Private E-2

The error code you describe indicates that you have some corruption in your Boot Configuration Database, which houses the operating system information and supplies it during the boot process. The simplest solution would be to recreate the BCD from a Windows Recovery Environment, such as booting to your installation media and launching Command Prompt from the tools option after selecting the hyperlink for repairing windows. The process is illustrated in this article from Microsoft Support.

Once you have accessed a Command Prompt enter:

Code:
    bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup
    c:
    cd boot
    attrib bcd -s -h –r
    ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old
    bootrec /RebuildBcd
    This will rename the existing BCD which is corrupt and create a new BCD, then search your system for applicable operating system files from which the system can be boot.

3. cipher

cipher Major Geek Extraordinaire

4. WinOutreach2

WinOutreach2 Private E-2

5. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

In order to follow the advice given you need a repair disc, which you've already said you do not have. Take a look at post #15 on in THIS THREAD and d/load a repair disc ISO. Burn that to a CD and reboot to it and you will then have access to the command prompt.

6. theefool

theefool Geekified

7. WinOutreach2

WinOutreach2 Private E-2

The Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool is very useful, for only a few computers it is quick and easy and gets the job done.

Since you describe using it for multiple operating systems, I would recommend the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) as an alternative, particularly if you have a Windows Server available on the network with WDS which you can enable for PXE booting. One central database completely customizable with all of your operating systems, drivers, applications, etc. which you can access over the network without any media whatsoever makes rolling out new operating systems a breeze. Whether for a regularly updated virtual environment or a workbench for new systems or an entire multi-site organization, MDT is definitely the way to go. If this is your first introduction to MDT, the Deploy Windows 8 with MDT video is a great place to start.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds