Windows Sound Input Not Recording

Discussion in 'Software' started by gplea, Sep 14, 2013.

1. gplea

gplea Private E-2

I have an Alesis I/O 26 ASIO-based driver, but I also have a Realtek soundcard. However, neither one will record a signal on my Free Sound Recorder software from Free Sound Recorder: Record Anything You can Hear through Your PC to Audio Files. I uninstalled, and reinstalled my Alesis driver, and it records fine on several of my professional audio apps, so I know it's not my driver. Although, I haven't been able to get a reading on the Windows Recording input from any driver. I can't even record on Windows Recorder. I've been doing this for 25 yrs, and I can't imagine what the problem is. Can you suggest anything?

GPLea

2. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

Had a similar problem a while back with Audacity. As I recall we used a line with two 3.5mm mini-pin stereo plugs (males) and ran one end from audio out, or headphones, and the other end to audio in. Wal-Mart had the inexpensive ones in the audio/visual department, and another in with the "i" stuff. You can also get a splitter with one male in and two females out, so your speakers are still available. While not the best scenario, it worked.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds