Windows SP1 Instillation Attempt Leads To Problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by T.C.R.M, Apr 3, 2011.

1. T.C.R.M

T.C.R.M Private E-2

I have attempted to install SP1 multiple times, but have,as of yet, been unsuccessful. At first, my computer either refused to fully download or install the program, stalling at 33%. Once I consulted with Microsofts help resources on that matter, I was able to install and download, but when implementing on reboot, it would stall just about halfway through, and at this moment I regret not having written down the exact code, but what was, if I recall correctly, listed as aither a registry error or conflict identified as 900000AC or CA. I am not sure of the number of 0s and I am hesitant to intentionally reproduce the scenario given the problems that have resulted since. That was five days ago. Since then, despite using a restore point, PCTools Performance Toolkit to try to repair my registry, even using PCTools Spyware Doctor just to make sure it wasn't a conflict with a virus I had unknowingly picked up, and nothing has solved my growing problem. My HID software is no longer accesible, and as a result I can't switch my keyboard or mouse away from their default game hotkey settings. My Amazon downloaded content has been deverified on my end and I had to get this computer deleted from their computers for the moment, which is entirely fixable once this is fixed, but annoying, my media player is progressively losing functionality, and I have had increasingly frequent slowdowns of worrying proportions. I eould very much appreciate it if you folks could help me to properly install SP1 for windows 7 64x, and then if that doesn't solve the problem, maybe spitball a few ideas as to what might.

System Specs:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
    Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
    System Manufacturer MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD
    System Model MS-7516
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6850 @ 3.00GHz, 3003 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. V1.0, 5/20/2008
    SMBIOS Version 2.5
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 8.00 GB
    Available Physical Memory 5.78 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 16.0 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 13.8 GB
    Page File Space 8.00 GB
    Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio
    Name NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
    PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0622&SUBSYS_058F10DE&REV_A1\4&1DC61479&0&0008
    Adapter Type GeForce 9600 GT, NVIDIA compatible
    Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
    Adapter RAM 1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2011

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds