Windows Startup in Chinese

Discussion in 'Software' started by dimlight, Sep 4, 2007.

1. dimlight

dimlight Private E-2

Few days ago, I did a major screw-up. I inserted a Chinese Version windows XP CD to explore the contents, and immediately after autorun, it changed my startup options to Chinese.

Now I realize that language-editions cant be made into English, but I didn't install the thing, I merely browsed through the contents. While everything else is still in English, it's a major concern when I try to run startup options..
    I am definitely not willing to reformat for it, so please advise.

2. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

>> Few days ago, I did a major screw-up. <<

Since this occoured so recently, one possible fix would be to use the Windows System Restore tool to go back to a previous working state; by choosing any system restore point made prior to the day that you inserted the Chinese Version Windows XP CD.

Good Luck!

3. dimlight

dimlight Private E-2

yes that was the first thing I tried, to no avail. Everything was the same.

Ironically, I set a restore point right before inserting the CD, foreseeing problems.

4. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Go to control panel, click on regional,and laguage options, click the dropdown box, and change to english

5. dimlight

dimlight Private E-2

all my language and regional settings are set to English, and unchanged. Come to think of it, everything else is in English. I figure the Chinese characters at startup was for users who wanted to install via the bootable CD in Chinese.
    I think what I really need is just to delete a certain entry created by the setup files. Tried flushing the temp folder and it did no good.

6. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Last edited: Sep 4, 2007

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds