Windows\system\vgaoem.fon

Discussion in 'Software' started by rushy_m, Dec 11, 2008.

1. rushy_m

rushy_m Private E-2

Gday.

I am new to these forums so am unsre if I am posting in the correct place.

I have a Toshiba Portege 3480CT. Recently i did a windows update and a clean up disk and then restarted and i get an error message Windows\system\vgaoem.fon

i would try to repair windows xp, but if you are not familar with this model laptop it has no cd drive, no floppy drive and not much else. I do not have an external drive.

Help, i need this laptop for school and it has major assignments on it!

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Not going to be easy at all without a CD or floppy to allow a repair of the PC, but can you actually boot to the GUI of Windows, if so then try a system restore to back before the Windows update that may have caused this.

Only other option is to download the file thats missing and add it to the Windows/system32 folder. Attached the file in a zip folder, so you will need to unzip and copy to system32 folder, But again relies on you being able to boot into windows in normal or safe mode, if not then only other route I know need a CD drive to run repair.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds