Windows update and BITS not working

Discussion in 'Software' started by tesher07, Jul 23, 2012.

1. tesher07

tesher07 Private E-2

So first off, I was infected with the Sirefef.Trojan which I got helped with, but now I have another problem.

My windows update doesn't fully work as this pops up as it is about to download updates "Windows Update Error 80246008".

Now the other problem is that in services.msc, the file BITS does not work. Before this it was not there so I had to manually install it. When I try to start BITS in services manually I get the error "error 2: the system cannot find the file specified".

How do I fix the BITS issue as I need that to work for windows update to work I presume?

Thank you

2. tesher07

tesher07 Private E-2

Update: I was able to fix ESET NOD by reinstalling one of the service files for it but I'm still not able to fix the windows update BIT file. Also I am using Windows 7 32 bit.

3. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

4. tesher07

tesher07 Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds