windows update and internet exp 7 help

Discussion in 'Software' started by rikki661, Mar 24, 2008.

1. rikki661

rikki661 Private E-2

hi there everyone could do with some help please,got a ibm thinkpad running windows xp professional version 2002 service pack 2,wanted to put internet explorer 7 on it i can download to desktop and unzip and get the following message (setup could not verify the integrity of the files needed for installation. make sure the cryptographic service is running on this computer) i have looked under services and this seams to be running.
    Also i dont think windows update is working as when i go online to scan for updates it wont scan and tells me to add web address to internet explorer 6 which i have done and still wont go any further into scan.

2. rikki661

rikki661 Private E-2

please help me

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

4. rikki661

rikki661 Private E-2

all that looks as it should and our set as you have said.still same error message so started the manaul one but still the same message

5. rikki661

rikki661 Private E-2

sorted it with regedit thanks for your help anyway

6. jookieapc

jookieapc Private E-2

hi how did you fix it in the registry? I have exactly the same problem.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds