Windows Update Error (Status: 0xc0000225)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Oooops!, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

Hi. I'm requesting help for my Dad, please.

He was downloading Windows Updates for Windows 7 when he encountered a black screen (pic attached, my apologies for photo quality).

Is there any chance he can he fix this? We both have limited computer knowledge.
    He has no discs, other than possibly a couple of "Recovery Disks"???
    He was unable to enter into Safe Mode.

Side Note:
    He's able to access a rarely used, outdated, "Ubuntu" system on the same computer for internet access.

Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

https://neosmart.net/wiki/0xc0000225/?PageSpeed=noscript

You can download a Windows 7 ISO. Right click the ISO, burn it to a DVD and use it to repair the missing boot files on his computer.

links are in this article
    http://www.howtogeek.com/186775/how...nstallation-media-legally/?PageSpeed=noscript
    Just be sure you download the proper bit (32 or 64) and Home Premium or Pro.

Once he repairs Win 7, he won't have access to Ubuntu so he'll have to either reinstall a newer version or install the same version over the top of what he has now.

Ubuntu will control the boot menu.

3. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

Thank you for your reply.
    Before I read your post, Dad has already experimented and tried using his recovery disks. It seems to have worked, so far.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds