Windows Updates For Xp,7,vista,8,8.1 Install Offline.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Anon-469e6fb48c, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

Here is a list of things to get windows updates off line.You can store all the updates and a copy of windows install on a flash drive i would recommend on using a 32 Gig flash drive for this since.Windows OS installer takes about 5 to 10 gigs of space on that flash drive.

You can download windows updates using Windows Updates Down loader.You can all so see which ones you want or don't want next time you need to reinstall windows.

Windows Updates Down loader
    http://www.windowsupdatesdownloader.com/ProgramFiles.as...

Than you can follow a list of details on this site below on how to Create An Integrated Up To Date Windows Install Disc.
    https://www.raymond.cc/blog/create-an-integrated-up-to-...

Just an FYI NTlite might take a while to process all of the updates to be Integrated into your next installer.

I tell you one thing this will save you a lot of time and a lot of bandwidth.This is kinda how i keep backup's for all my game files as well mmo's if i go to reinstall windows.It saves time from re-downloading the whole game again just buy saving the game folders.

I had to down grade from windows 10 i hated it.It was sucking up resource that did not needed to be taken.

Updated

Here is a tool that can help you Create a boot able USB drives the easy way.I have used this many times for people it takes about 10 mins to complete a usb boot able drive

Here is the link.
    https://rufus.akeo.ie/
    or
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/rufus.html.Rufu...

Here is a video on how to use this program.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
    Ninefifty and AtlBo like this.
  2. AtlBo

AtlBo Major Geek Extraordinaire

Thanks. Might take you up on this now, but it's great that it's here for a reference for later too...

3. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

I've used NTLite to integrate updates into Win 8, 8.1 and 10. The NTLited ISOs are on an external hard drive and they're all I use to re-install Windows when I need to. I used Win Setup from USB to create the multiboot USB hard drive.

The only thing is, if you don't want to have to still download and install a bunch of updates (in my case 8.1 needed 51) you need to update your NTLited media on a monthly basis to keep it current.

4. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

The one problem i had with the Integrated part was when windows 7 was trying to personalize your desktop for you.

I am not sure but either it froze up on me or it was done and did not want to continue forward.So all i did was power down and restarted system and it worked just fine.I just made sure that all the updates where really installed.And they where,I do not know way that one part froze i think i spent about 2 hours waiting for it to complete.

I was cutting grass and when i came back and it still was not done personalizing the desktop.

Must be a bug some where.

5. Ninefifty

Ninefifty Private First Class

Another idea I will have to try and even look up.
    Nice one Wile E.

6. Ninefifty

Ninefifty Private First Class

7. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

I did a tutorial on Reverse Integrating updates into Windows 8.1. I used Portable Update to download the updates. Portable Update was updated and mirrored on MG's a couple of days ago. WindowsUpdatesDownloader has been abandoned by it's author.

Ninefifty likes this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds