Windows Updates will not install

Discussion in 'Software' started by Anon-7f4ca145be, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Anon-7f4ca145be

Anon-7f4ca145be Anonymized

Good evening Geeks, I am running XP Home SP3
    See the attached photo
    I run Windows Updates automatically (and manually since this problem) but I keep getting a summary that these two updates for .NET 4 were unsuccessful. I've tried multiple times...

Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

The problem very well could be that you don't have net4 installed.

Check the Add/Remove programs list to see if you have .netFramework installed up to the most recent version, which would be 4. You may only have v. 3.5 installed.

For .netFramework 4:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17851

3. Anon-7f4ca145be

Nope, that not it. I've got both 4 Extended and 4 Client Profile installed.

4. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

Did you check the Add/Remove programs list, and check the "show updates" box?

Is it possible the hotfix is already installed?

If they definitely aren't, did you get an error code?

5. Anon-7f4ca145be

No hotfix with this KB number, and no error message. What I showed inteh image is all that I get.
    Small difference but maybe...
    I have installed .NET Framework 4 Client Profile and .NET Framework 4 Extended, but not just .NET Framework 4. Am I missing perhaps a third variation of .NET 4?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds