Windows Vista crashes, BSODs and general failings.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Felix Felicis, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Felix Felicis

Felix Felicis Private E-2

I'm having a host of problems with my Windows Vista 32bit Home Basic.
    I'm on a Toshiba Satellite Pro L40 laptop and have had it for about a year and a half, and the problems are getting harder to bear.
    I get regular BSODs - most recently they have been pointing to ntkrnlpa.exe as the probable cause. My system will freeze completely and require a reboot and often, many processes will fail spontaneously - Superfetch, Host Processes and Windows Desktop Manager being the main culprits. I encounter the problems most often whenever I am downloading a file.
    Last week, I reinstalled the OS and the problems remain - does this suggest it is a hardware issue?
    My specs are:
    Processor - Genuine Intel (R) CPU T2130 @1.86GHz 1.87GHz
    Memory (RAM) - 1GB
    System Type - 32 bit operating system

Let me know what other information I can provide that might help.

Thanks.

2. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

3. Felix Felicis

I did that - it's how I discovered that there is a problem with ntkrnlpa.exe - however, I still am no closer to solving it. I would have thought if the problem remains even after reinstalling the OS, that would be symptomatic of a deeper issue, no?

4. Felix Felicis

Further blue-screens pointed to memory_corruption as the fault. I upgraded my RAM and the problems persist, with both memory_corruption and ntkrnlpa being blamed. What can this mean?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds