Windows Vista Display Settings

Discussion in 'Software' started by azhunter7, Sep 27, 2007.

1. azhunter7

azhunter7 Private E-2

I don't know why, but my display setting are changing on their own.

I prefer the 1440 x 900 setting. Seems every time my screen saver comes on, or if I reboot, the resolution changes to 1024 x 768. I updated my graphics driver, and that didn't change anything.

Another odd thing I've noticed...when the screen recovers from screen saver, there is about a one second time period where the screen flashes to black. This occurs about 3 seconds after recovery from the screen saver.

I'm curious what would cause the resolution to change on it's own.

I would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2007
  2. pacpis

pacpis Private E-2

Can u tell us which video card have u got, the model ...?

3. azhunter7

azhunter7 Private E-2

NVidia GeForce Go 7600, 256MB

4. azhunter7

azhunter7 Private E-2

Since my problem occurs when my screen recovers from the screen saver, I checked the settings on the screen saver. I found a place where I could specify the 1440 x 900 setting that I like. I saved that, and exited, yet the problem still persists.

I timed the sequence a minute ago, and five seconds after the screen recovers from the screen saver, the screen goes black for about one to one and a half seconds. When the screen comes back from black, it reverts back to 1024 x 768.

Any ideas?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds