Windows Vista file corruption

Discussion in 'Software' started by Hacked, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Hacked

Hacked Private First Class

Here I am once more calling for help. I have been haveing a little situation as of late and it seems there are some corrupt files in the OS. Here is the kicker I did a scan and the report of the file is not where it is suppose to be (CBS\CBS.log) its not there, although; all indications are it is to be there containing the information of the bad files. :-o . This is only the beginning but the other problem may be a simpler fix. I have removed a program but it is still listed in the program and features menu - not as it would be listed normally - the icon is not of the program but a lighter rectangle with the program name. I tried the regedit method of manually removing the hex key but the hex key is not listed under the uninstall. I just had a heart attack. Can someone help me revive what is an essential to my day to day work. Yes, I use this machine for work. [By the way the "unistalled" program is an antivirus]

2. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

STOP: keep it simple :)

What's the problem? Corrupt files? Have you opened the PC and checked that all the connections are good and tight?

3. Hacked

Hacked Private First Class

Well, to be honest with you after the last train wreck I had I thought some simpler solutions might become available. Seeing the crashing blows the Packers put on the Steelers makes one believe anything is possible. That is a good idea but to me Beta is the way to go.

4. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

Yeah but they had padding, skid lids and were gee'd up by the whole buzz and the fat paypackets - we don't get much of that in the real world.

Uninstalled programs that aren't are common, just a buggy install/uninstall routine, usually nothing to get hung about - must be all of one day since I had one here. If the program is a Security app of any kind, visit their site and search for the uninstaller (many are listed here on MG's).

I have no clue what you mean by CBS logs, have you checked on their site?

Beta? You mean Beta blockers? Don't you need little blue pills after taking those?

5. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Just paste and copy this c:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log into start and you should see a copy of your CBS.log, if thats what your looking for !

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds