Windows Vista: Taking OFF fast-user switching

Discussion in 'Software' started by fattwinkie, Oct 26, 2008.

1. fattwinkie

fattwinkie Private E-2

So I got a question that I've been trying to figure out how to do.

So in Windows XP and other versions, you can turn off fast user switching and go back to the old style login where you had to push ctrl, alt, del then it brought up another window then you ahd to put in the account name and password that you want. Then you log in.

So, does anyone know how to turn off fast user switching in Windows Vista?

2. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

3. fattwinkie

fattwinkie Private E-2

Yeah, but there is a problem.

It didn't say where to run the gpedit.msc. Like, do I use it in RUN or what.

When I did start it in RUN though, it just came up with an error.

Any other ideas?

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Make sure your logged into Admin account and all you need to do to start Gpedit.msc is to click Start > and in the Start Search Box type gpedit.msc and hit enter, you should then get a UAC warning to click "continue" to open gpedit.

or the registry hack on that page should work also.

5. fattwinkie

fattwinkie Private E-2

I did what was said and there are no matches for my Gpedit.msc. So...yeah.

Maybe this will make a difference. I'm using Windows Visa Home Premium. Don't know if that makes a difference.

6. fattwinkie

fattwinkie Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds