Windows Vista Ultimate Edition 64Bit File Downloading Problem...

Discussion in 'Software' started by JubeiTigeruk, Jul 2, 2008.

1. JubeiTigeruk

JubeiTigeruk Private E-2

Hey, I have currently made a new high end computer system and installed Windows Vista. Everything is fine till I went to download some drivers for my Graphics Cards on Nvidia.com I select all the correct information and go to where it will bring up the box for me to click "Save or Run" Either one of these options I choose will not work.

I am using IE7 in Vista off a clean install with all updated Windows and Drivers besides the Graphics.

When I click "Run": It will download the file and then close the download box but then nothing else happens.

When I click "Save": It will instantly close the Download box and leave me with nothing else.

Any help? Thank you.

JubeiTigeruk

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What security software have you installed and disable that to try and see if one of them is causing the problem.

You have not moved any of the temp internet folders from there default location have you?

Try running IE in No Add-ons mode incase a 3rd party addon is cauing this issue, to run this click start and in the start box type internet and in the list above you will see Internet Explorer No Add-ons

Turn off Phishing Filter at Tools > Phishing Filter > Turn off

Try another browser also.

If your using a limited account, logon as admin also to try the above.

Try downloading from here at Majorgeeks if your trying at Nvidia for the driver http://www.majorgeeks.com/Nvidia_Forceware_for_Vista_d5935.html

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds