Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cheyenne, Mar 7, 2009.

1. cheyenne

cheyenne Private E-2

Can someone help figure out this problem with one of the laptops in my network please. I have a D-Link DIR-655 router, current on the firmware. Using WPA/WPA2 - Personal , AES encryption.We have several computers, 2 of them using wireless n, an ancient desktop using a Linksys wireless G USB adapter and an old Sony laptop with no built in wireless.
    The old Sony can no longer connect to the wireless network unless it is plugged in on the Ethernet connection, using the same Linksys USB connection( a WUSB54GC) that connects the old desktop without any problems gives me a connection to my router but no IP address, and a constant pop up from windows saying Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network. I've tried setting a static IP, repairing the connection, checked the network properties to make sure IEEE 802.1x authentication for this networkis unchecked(it's totally grayed out) What settings am I missing?:confused

2. cheyenne

cheyenne Private E-2

3. cheyenne

cheyenne Private E-2

Got it!, service pack3 installed and the problem is fixed. Thanks to anyone who tried to puzzle it out for me.

4. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Appreciate the troubleshooting and feedback.
    This will help other users in the future.:major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds