Windows will not load after "new hardware change" messege.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ironhorse23, Mar 5, 2005.

1. ironhorse23

ironhorse23 Private E-2

I searched on google for this without any luck, heres what happens:

After the computer boots up it does its usual scanning of hardware on your PC. However, after it scans my RAID drives, it detects them, then i get a screen that says:
    Windows could not load due to recent hardware changes, then it gives me options like start windows in safe mode, last good know config, start normally, etc.
    No matter which option i take it reboots the computer and it does the same thing all over again.

I didn't have this problem before, however, i did change my power supply, i went from 310W to 450W. and i made sure all connection are right. please advise.

2. ironhorse23

ironhorse23 Private E-2

also, i connected a DVD-rom.
    from another PC that it was in and i out it into this one, and i never had any issues with it.
    Also, i just booted windows disc to try and reinstall windows, it doesn't even allow me that after it displays "press F2 (or something) for Automated System Recovery the screen" just freezes and no more text appears. All i see if the winxp setup Blue screen, blank.

3. ironhorse23

ironhorse23 Private E-2

ok i was able to figure out what the problem was.. and it was with the power supply. I installed my old power supply and evryhting is fine and dandy, however, i'd still like to use the new power block since this is my system config:

P4 2.533
    Asus P4B533 Mobo
    1GB RAM
    Canopus DVStorm (Video Editing System)
    Matrox Millennium G550 Video Card
    DVD-ROM (Generic)
    DVD-RW DVR-AO9
    Floppy Drive
    4 HDD
    - Rocket RAID (2 Drives) = 160 GB
    - Promise Ultra133 (1 Drive) = 200GB
    - System Drive 80GB
    SounBlaster Live 5.1
    LAN Card
    FireWire 3 Port Card
    4 Case Fans

As you can see i got a lot of hardware that requires power, although i never had problems with 310W Block, i just wanted to upgrade after 2.5 years.

1. What do i need to with the new 450W block?
    2. is it busted or what?
    3. shoudl i return it?
    4.or are there mobo jumpers that i need to change?
    5. or is there somthing in the BIOS i can tweak?

4. Stygiis

Stygiis Private First Class

If you switch out power supplies and everything works then yes it is your power supply. There are no jumpers that control your power supply to change. I would take the new power supply back and have them switch it out and try again. You said you checked to make sure evrything was plugged in right so more than likely the power supply was faulty and not pushing enough power to one of your devices.

5. ironhorse23

ironhorse23 Private E-2

ya, i checked all cables and connections.
    I'll return the damn thing tomorrow.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds