Windows wont install on laptop

Discussion in 'Software' started by wildchild, Jun 19, 2005.

1. wildchild

wildchild Private E-2

i have a Medion laptop, however it will not boot, it gets to the xp loading screen, but it then restarts,

i've tried repairing windows... but after restarting to enter setup, it restarts at a similar point
    i tried accessing the repair console to check for corrupt files, but the laptop restarts while loading the repair console

any ideas?

2. wildchild

wildchild Private E-2

anyone?

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

have you tried to boot into safe mode?

tap F8 key at boot to be given the safe mode options.

4. noahawk

noahawk Corporal

If this doesn't work for you, you may be receiving a blue screen and then the computer restarts itself. To get the info off of that blue screen, tap the F8 key like you did to try safe mode, then select the option that says something to the effect of "Disable automatic reboot" and should be very close to where your cursor/selector bar starts on the screen.

With that info, we can try to find a fix to resolve the blue screen and reboot.

5. Junior Jeeves

Junior Jeeves Private E-2

Is it restarting in the BIOS Screen? Or is it only happening after the windows starts loading? If its restarting in the BIOS too then you should probably look into the Processor Fan.

6. wildchild

wildchild Private E-2

the restart problem was caused by a faulty power supply..... however windows still wont install because i get a BSOD during the installation..... i think its more than likely a memory problem

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

whats the message the BSOD gives you?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds