Windows Xp 32bit Admin corrupt

Discussion in 'Software' started by Horton1, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Horton1

Horton1 Private E-2

Used computer new to me as of September 75.00 a steel.
    win xp installed by previous owner in an attempt 2 remove previous admin person i removed myself as i was listed as owner_2 as last owners admin rights were still attached. It's been down hill from their also removed avg anti virus programs uninstall pkg which will now not allow me to remove avg. I've tried to reinstall several times, I receive this error Code OxC0070643 service AVG Watch Dog (avgwd) could not be Installed. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to install system services. Folder with owner_2 info still on computer will not allow me to remove which also holds avg files and all my previous programs and settings. I know that their is a way to take a snap shot of the files i'm talking about which would help explain my problem . I'm in novice mode help:cry

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Try Start>Run and type in control userpasswords2 and hit OK. In the window that opens are there any user names listed who have administrator rights (under the group column)? What are the user names? Do you have the password for any of the user names with administrator rights? [Just close the window when you have the information]

3. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

4. Horton1

Horton1 Private E-2

I've got 3 with admin rights including my self but their are admin rights that i have no control over i can even view files but can't change them or delete them

5. Horton1

Horton1 Private E-2

got it will it delete all the programs i have installed that it shows in the listing box?

6. Horton1

Horton1 Private E-2

this is for pwillener.

7. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Your thread title says "Windows XP 32bit Admin corrupt" but you say you have three admin accounts. Forget AVG for a minute and tell us what is corrupt about Admin accounts.

Can you start at the beginning and explain what is happening? I don't understand what you need.

When you start Windows how many users are there to choose from on the Welcome screen? What happens when you try to log into each of those accounts?

For example: There are two accounts. One from old owner (Mary) and one for me (Jack). I can't get into Mary's account but I can sign in as Jack...

And then tell us what is happening with AVG.

8. Horton1

Horton1 Private E-2

Sach2 I have the ability 2 log on with my own admin password which i created using the back door Control userpasswords2 the issue is the original admin and the the one i origanly created for my self are damaged i deleted the first admin of myself which is a non repairable process according to the promt you receive when you delete admin which was owner_2 the file for Owner_2 which was my first is still showing in system but cannot be accessed or deleted this file contains the corrupt files that remain of AVG and multiple apps used for the system, I'll stop here to see if we are on same page.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds