windows XP activation help! please

Discussion in 'Software' started by mrich1234, Nov 10, 2005.

1. mrich1234

mrich1234 Private E-2

Everytime I start windows it asked me activate, which I do through the internet activation. Everytime I start it!!!. It has become a part of my life. Well...yesterday, just like everyday I went to activate it and it said that my activation had expired. It then asked me to put in my Product Key, which I did and it said it had expired. I called the activation place and they asked me the general questions;
    1. Is this the first activation? NO, of course not I do it everyday.
    2. Is this the only computer that it is on? YES!!

I told them of my problem and they sent me to technical support. I informed them that I bought the computer used. (BAD MISTAKE) and that after 6 months it asked me to activate and asked for a Product Key. I did not have one because the person I bought it from did not give me any of that. I went out and paid about $300.00 for the Windows XP software to make sure I was legal. I installed it and ever since then it has asked me to activate and I would and it has been fine. They said that my computer was not supported by Microsoft and in order to fix this problem I would have to PAY for support! I was furious. I just spent all this money and I can't get my computer to work.

anyway....I went to the website support.microsoft.com and found how to fix this. It said that I should insert the my Windows XP CD, restart my computer and boot from CD. I have tried many times. I have hit F2 so many times that my keyboard went almost went bad. LOL

How can I fix this?
    Should I reinstall my windows XP?
    I cannot seem to get my computer to restart from the CD.

Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Thanks so much!

Michelle

2. eclayton

eclayton Sgt. Shorts-cough

Michelle,
    Welcome to Major Geeks. :)

When you installed the new Operating System, did you do a complete format? If not, it may be worth it to do so, and then install, so you are rid of any old entries from the previous Operating System. I'm sure we can get you up and running, since you have a legit copy that you paid for. :)
    Eric

3. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Private E-2

Make sure your computer is set to boot from cd, you can check this in bios. :)

4. mrich1234

mrich1234 Private E-2

How do you start from CD? Where is Bios? Thanks. How do you do a complete format? Thanks for all your help!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds