Windows Xp Asms Issue Xps400

Discussion in 'Software' started by jmos4, Feb 20, 2017.

1. jmos4

jmos4 Private E-2

Hi all,

I have a older xps400 I am currently trying to reinstall the os, new hard drive, as old one died.

I am using the supplied Dell discs. I tried to load windows xp sp2 on the machine and it gets to finishing up the install and geeks out asking for 'asms' D:/I386, which is on the cd. I have googled a few things, one list looking at the regedit and deleting filters but mine does not have the file **965**, another list trying to install from a external cd drive which I may attempt tonight.
    Has anyone delt with this and what works? As I wasted all yesterday trying and retrying different things to no avail.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards,

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds