Windows XP Background Image Removal

Discussion in 'Software' started by dennishc, Apr 30, 2004.

1. dennishc

dennishc Private E-2

Cannot remove unwanted images from drop down list of available backgrounds. Where do they keep the images? (or the links to them)?
    I've tried the uSoft Knowledge Base with no luck. Right clicking in the available image list does not work.

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I do believe they are stored in the root of the windows folder.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

you will find them in this location.......

C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

so there's two places. the wallpapers are there and the BMP files are in the root of Windows.

5. dennishc

dennishc Private E-2

Thanks, I had checked Wallpaper and they were NOT there - so I will check Windows root *.BMP

6. Endi

Endi Lt. Links

Also some of those images will also be the ones in your my picture folder.

to make your search easier for the ones found in the windows folder just

right click arrange folders by type and then right click and show them in groups.

it will make it a whole lot easier to find them since it will show all the files of the same kind together

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds