Windows XP Boot Error Blue Screen

Discussion in 'Software' started by defmark08, Dec 14, 2008.

1. defmark08

defmark08 Private E-2

So yesterday, I did a windows chkdsk and cancelled it manually half way through. This morning I tried to log on and got constant blue screens with lists of errors, none of the boot modes will work (safe mode, last known config etc). I have a windows XP home edition disk and I'm currently looking for a way around the error with the repair tool. The only other change I can think of is installing the SP3 update, but it ran fine after this. Does anyone have any ideas of how to fix it, preferably without formatting, as I will need to backup various files.

It may seem a silly question, but I would appreciate help as soon as possible.

Thanks!

2. sammey19

sammey19 Private E-2

I need to know what the Blue Screen say's, to help you, you can email me at sammey19@crawler.com! By the way it is not a silly question!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  3. defmark08

defmark08 Private E-2

Wasn't successful :(

Could I try putting the hard drive into another pc and trying to access the files through the SATA driver?

4. defmark08

defmark08 Private E-2

The error is 0x00000024 (0x00190203,0x871CDA28,0xC0000102,0x0000000). No I haven't changed any software/drivers recently, If I try to install windows on D:\ could I access the files I need on C:\?

5. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

I think that error may necessitate a chkdsk /r or chkdsk/f being used on the c: partition if you slave the drive or install a second copy of Windows on D:. So be aware if you have trouble accessing data from a second installation of XP it could be either an ownership issue or a bad file system and pay close attention to any error messages.

If neither gives you access I would try a chkdsk /p from the Recovery Console(using your XP CD). I realize a repair install did not work but think I would try this anyway because the filesystem appears to be damaged. **This may well have been done during the repair process--I am unsure.**

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds