Windows XP-BSOD Fatal System Error

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kello, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Kello

Kello Private E-2

Hello all...I never really needed any help with troubleshooting until now...

I'm running Windows XP Pro Service Pack 1

call it my first ever Blue Screen of Death...my cherry has been broken. lol.

Anyways so I get this AVG "Virus Found"...it's a Trojan. it asked me if I wanted to heal it...I did not...but my girlfriend did.

So I think she deleted the trojan along with the winlogon.exe.........OUCH.

So I come home after work and I have a Blue Screen of death waiting for me.

STOP:c000021a {Fatal System Error}
    The Windows Logon Process System process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x0000022 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
    The System has been shut down.

So lets get to where I started troubleshooting:

1. I cannot access any of the Safe Modes or LASTKNOWNGOOD.

2. I tried Repairing the file system and that did not work by entering the startup menu.

3. I cannot boot to a Command Prompt. (FORGETABOUTIT!!!!).

4. I cannot use the ASR cause I do not have a back up disk available.

5. I do not have a second HD available. And do not want to do a clean install losing all my info.

Now seeing that I DO have the Windows CD, I CAN use the Recovery console...

so now what I need is help replacing the winlogon.exe file to actually log-on.

If I am wrong about this please correct me but I think I have an idea of whats going on.

Please help...much appreciation fellow geeks...I just cant get around this and I dod not have a second HD available.

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP:eek:

I don't even have a clue on how i would copy the file to it's default location on my PC.

I beg of you...HELLLPPPPPPPP!!!!!

2. Kello

Kello Private E-2

ahhh yes...and since i cannot access anything I cannot give you a LOG

from any third party software or anti-virus...

Trojan Flooder...I absolutely hate you.

3. theefool

theefool Geekified

Greetings and welcome to MajorGeeks!

And using the recovery console, have ye tried:

chkdsk /r c:

?

4. GaryG

GaryG Private First Class

5. Kello

Kello Private E-2

1. Chkdsk /r c: yes I have tried with no luck and the same Error blue screen.

2. Thanks GaryG I read the article but I have also tried the rebuild install with no luck and the screen of death Stop Error.

So it looks like I need a savior...like an all in one ERD JESUS. Or Muhammed whichever your choice...

I need HELPPPPPPPPPPPP :eek:

6. bjgarrick

bjgarrick MajorGeeks Admin - Malware Expert

It should be...

More information, Chkdsk

7. Kello

Kello Private E-2

Not only do I want to solve this problem, but a number of people do as I can tell from doing searches on the net:
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=109818

So after searching all these options i'm prepared to randomly post the solution. A SOLUTION. Not ***** footing around. A Solution to the all end!!!:)

Here's what more I can give:

I have Service Pack 1...Windows XP Pro, I know I need updates and the build-on repair process that GaryG so kindly put a link to a great article, states. So I don't think there's away I can Down Load SP 2 and all the updates and install them while i'm having this problem.

I tried everything and all the above without actually calling Microsoft cause I mean who wants to do that when I have the VAST resources of the internet. I should be able to fix this with help from the laptop that I am on right now posting this thread from.

Anyone else have any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Major Geeks Rocks by the way...no i'm not kissing *** I just find this place the Taj Mahal of resources.

And this emoticon :mad: is awesome and is exactly how I feel right now. And the funny thing is I start a job tommorow for Tech Support for Windows Vista in the Great White North.

OUCH!!!!!!!!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds