Windows XP - explorer.exe crash

Discussion in 'Software' started by fidzilla, Jul 12, 2007.

1. fidzilla

fidzilla Private E-2

Anytime I right click on my computer, my documents, my network places, or the recycle bin, I get a message saying that Windows Explorer has encountered an error and has to close. Anyone know what is causing this problem.

2. fidzilla

fidzilla Private E-2

Ok, that problem is now the least of my concerns. After trying a few things to fix the explorer.exe crash. I ran something that scanned windows components, but don't remember the run command off hand. Then after a reboot it went directly to a blue screen and rebooted. The screen changed so fast that I couldn't read the error message and safe mode would just hang.

I then used the Windows XP install disc to get to recovery console and ran chkdsk /r which found some errors, but still couldn't get into windows. Finally I tried to run a windows repair installation it gets to the driver installation and after installing the video driver it gives me a blue screen with the following stuff:

Stop Code - 0x0000007E

nv4_mini.sys - Address EE18A184 base at EE0F2000, DateStamp 4074958

3. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

4. fidzilla

fidzilla Private E-2

I've got back into windows. Not letting it install the video driver worked, the 2nd time I tried that. Now I'm redownloading the many critical updates, but do still appear to have the right click explorer problem.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds