Windows XP freezing after turning off and back on System Restore

Discussion in 'Software' started by csigsrfan, Mar 16, 2010.

1. csigsrfan

csigsrfan Private E-2

I have an Windows XP SP2 computer that keeps doing this thing of freezing then unfreezing and then it does it again. Last night I ended some of the process that where running and that it fixed it. I restart my computer earlier and it is now doing the something again. It started doing this after I had to turn off system restore and then turn it back on. I have scanned with my avp and have found nothing. The cpu usage can be at 10% and it will freeze. Is there anything I can do to make it stop?

2. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

And why did you have to toggle system restore? What processes did you stop that fixed it? What antivirus do you have? Why haven't you upgraded to SP3?

You may want to run through the READ AND RUN ME FIRST steps in the malware forum to eliminate the possibility of malware.:)

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407

Also, download and run cCleaner, and the registry clean as well.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/CCleaner_Slim_No_Yahoo_Toolbar_English_d4191.html

Then, in the tools/startup options of cCleaner, post a picture of your startup programs back here. :wave:wave

3. csigsrfan

csigsrfan Private E-2

My AVP is Kaspersky. I turned of System Restore because Kaspersky found a worm in the D drive. I have run Kaspersky, Malwarebytes and CCleaner. I have not reupdated to SP3 becauase one of my programs that I use would not work right.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds