Windows XP Hardware question ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by DeweyBad, Apr 21, 2006.

1. DeweyBad

DeweyBad Private First Class

If I copy my hardware profile and then copy that profile back to a clean install of "Windows XP" on the same pc, will it call out the same and or all of the right drivers for all of the devices on the "Device Manager" of the Managers page ?

If not can somebody let me know how to do that ?

2. cc4305

cc4305 Private E-2

I don't think Hardware Profile makes backups of your drivers. It only send a request for the drivers that are already installed and available on the HDD. This is good if you are going to do a lot of swapping with different computers. Esp. if you are booting off an external drive. My recommendation is to use a driver backup util then have all the inf files readily available for the clean install. A lot of my friends use Driver Magician. Haven't used it myself but I heard it's good.

3. DeweyBad

DeweyBad Private First Class

What is that in parenthesis a driver copy program ?

4. cc4305

cc4305 Private E-2

Yes. Just did a Google search for it. Here.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds