Windows xp has no internet after reinstalling!

Discussion in 'Software' started by martel, Oct 10, 2008.

1. martel

martel Private E-2

I recently had to reinstall windows xp professional due to a SP3 crash. I was updating my computer and it went pretty much dead. Somehow I was able to reinstall most of windows but when I try the internet I had no luck. So I looked in my driver section and sure enough the driver for the ethernet/lan had a yellow exclamation point next to it. I tried to repair it or update it but the computer says it has no record of it being on the computer. So my problem is, I cannot find the driver and can't connect to the internet to download it. Please help! If you have no internet you can't go to websites to check out other things, I do have a MAC so if there is something I can copy to a disk or something it would be helpful. Please let me know asap. Thanks!

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

To gain the correct drivers for your ethernet we will need to know the following....

1. If your PC is OEM as in DELL, HP, SONY etc what is model number and version?

2. If home built what is the motherboard manufacturer and version?

To gain both you could use Everest Free most of this info can be found under Computer > Summary

3. martel

martel Private E-2

I understand what you are saying but shouldn't there be a basic driver for the internet? And again, i can only turn on the PC with no internet. So I can't download everest or that program to see what specs i have...so the only thing I can do is download it from another computer, I just don't know how

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds