Windows XP Home Edition Fatal System Error c000021a

Discussion in 'Software' started by TC1120, Oct 11, 2006.

1. TC1120

TC1120 Private E-2

Today i was on my computer just on AIM talking to one of my friends and for some reason I couldn't send him an Instant Message. I get that a lot, so i didnt think much of it besides restarting my computer. I did a routine restart of my CPU and when it was loading up Windows XP Home Edition, the screen went black for 5 seconds then the dreaded blue screen popped up with an Error:

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
    The logon windows system has failed to load. The system has shut down.

I thougt this was just a minor mistake, so i reset my computer once more. Once again, I recieved this blue screen error. I then shut my computer off and let it sit for 2 hours. I just tried to go back on about 5 more times and I am still getting the blue screen error. I tried to run windows in Safe Mode, but it wont let me access windows and I still recieve the c000021a error. I tried to run windows in multiple different ways, but I cannot access my computer. I though tit might be a virus of somesort, but there isnt any way i can check if its a virus if I cant even get onto my computer.

Is there anyway to fix this problem so I can actually get my computer working? I dont want to have to reinstall windows because I have some very important documents on my computer that I refuse to let get deleted. I would just put them on my external, but I can't seem to do that if I cant access windows.:mad:

Please give suggestions soon as possible because I was currently working on a paper for school which is due tomorrow, and I need to get back onto my computer by tonight if its possible.

Thanks!

2. TC1120

TC1120 Private E-2

Please, I know someone knows how to help me with this problem. It really means a lot to me that i get this fixed by tonight or else I get an F on the paper. If you have any idea on what I could do, please help.

3. TC1120

TC1120 Private E-2

AHH someone please help. I know plenty of you have gone through the same problem by searchin for it on this forum. I would take the advice others were given except the rest of the ppl with this problem seemed to be able to access their system.

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Is this a computer at school on a domain?

5. TimW

If it is not a virus ....
    0xC000021A: STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATED
    (Click to consult the online Win XP Resource Kit article, or see Windows 2000 Professional Resource Kit, p. 1561.)
    This occurs when Windows switches into kernel mode and a user-mode subsystem, such as Winlogon or the Client Server Runtime Subsystem (CSRSS), is compromised and security can no longer be guaranteed. Because Win XP can’t run without Winlogon or CSRSS, this is one of the few situations where the failure of a user-mode service can cause the system to stop responding. This Stop message also can occur when the computer is restarted after a system administrator has modified permissions so that the SYSTEM account no longer has adequate permissions to access system files and folders.

* GoBack Causes a Stop Error C000021a {KB 316503} Win XP
    * Internet Explorer Maintenance Policies May Cause an Access Violation in Winlogon {KB 318666} Win XP Pro

Would suggest you try to boot into safe mode ....reset your user accounts

6. TC1120

TC1120 Private E-2

Nope its a home computer. I have tried to boot it in safe mode multiple times, but no luck. I do recall about 3 weeks ago getting an error message on my desktop saying "Please insert windows xp service pack 2 CD" becuase some file was missing or had been altered, but i did not have the CD and after an hour or two the message went away and I never saw it again. I did restart my computr multiple times after that message, and had no problem till yesterday. Do you think that could be the source of my problems? If so, should i boot my CPU up with the Windows XP Service Pack 2 in it?

7. TimW

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds