Windows Xp home Edition Freezes after Complete Reformat

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by munky4745, Jan 8, 2005.

1. munky4745

munky4745 Private First Class

Hi, I have a problem I have a Biostar M7NCD Pro mother board. Okay, I'm unable to get passed the Windows XP home edition loading screen. I switched video cards to a generic TNT2 video card, used to have a radeon 9800pro, and for some odd reason I am not able to access the welcome screen ya know. Here here's my system specs:
    M/B Model Name/ PCB Version M7NCD Pro

BIOS Version ncdp0730bs

CPU Manufacture & Model Athlon XP 2500+ Mobile

RAM = DDR

VGA Card PCI
    Sound Card Sound Onboard
    LAN Card LAN Onboard
    Power Supply Mustang 350W ATX form
    H.D.D Western Digital 80gb Interface IDE
    CD/DVD-ROM Interface IDE

Operation
    System WIN 98SE Other = Windows xp Home Edition

Plz Help Really Appreciate it!!!

2. munky4745

munky4745 Private First Class

By the Way, here's a detailed version of my problem:

I have tried resetting bios, disabling cache for video and cpu, tried installing windows xp and windows se on a diff computer, reinstall system files in recovery console, tried installing with 2 diff hard drives, 3 different cd rom drives, I reset the bios and disabled any kind of extras such as integrated lan, audio and USB support and I'm still unable to install or get to the welcome screen in windows xp. I'm able to get to the windows xp logo sometimes, most of the time it freezes as the bars go by, or the keyboard lights flash and it brings me to a black screen and the cursor is usable but is stuck on with an hourglass attached to it. I have tried booting the system in safe mode, just windows system files, last known good config., and started windows normally. I updated the bios to support the newest cpus, but for some odd reason I cannot install windows xp, with the light blue screen and installing windows, gives that description in white text about how cool windows xp is compared to the later versions of windows and just freezes at 39 min. the green boxes on the lower right hand corner is frozen so I have to restart and than I just make it to the black screen with a hourglass attached to the cursor. I was able to fully fully install windows xp home edition on my 1995 gateway with a 500mhz celeron I get to the desktop and i shut down, then I take the IDE cable from the gateway motherboard and connect it to the biostar motherboard and I boot it up. Asks me how I want to boot the computer up, I select safe mode and before I selected last known configuration, freezes at logo screen restart and select safe mode again, passes the logo screen but freezes on the black screen with the hourglass attached to it. I went into the windows xp setup with the windows xp home edition retail cd in the cd rom drive boot up by cd I press enter, bress f8 on agreeing to the statment, I select the operating system on the hard drive, it's listed, I select repair my system files it deletes them all than starts and finishes installing the system files. Okay cool now the computer restarts I just leave it alone, gets and passes the logo screen and passes the black screen. Now goes to the blue screen where shows how cool windows xp is with the Installing Windows Bullet with 39 min. Left of installation and freezes after two green boxes on lower right hand corner were highlighted. Well, as you guys can see I well I believe I have tried almost everything. Also for some reason I cannot boot my windows 98se for some odd reason so that's why I just left it out. Well I hope I made myself kind of clear. Thanx if you can help me.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds