Windows XP Media Center Edition won't start.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Superfreak, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Superfreak

Superfreak Private E-2

Whenever I boot up my computer I get an error saying a system32 config file is corrupt and that I need to load from my recovery disk. I insert the recovery disk and start up the computer and I can get to the repair screen, but when I choose my installation of windows I get a BSOD. Same thing occurs when I try to do a complete reinstall of windows. Is my hdd fried or are there some steps I can take to repair this problem?

2. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

You might get more help if you post your Operating system, SP and make/model of PC

and exact error message

3. Superfreak

Superfreak Private E-2

Computer manufacturer: ibuypower
    The BSOD message says I have a bad_pool_data then advises me to start in safe mode, which my computer is also unable to do for some reason.

4. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds