Windows XP - multiple users question

Discussion in 'Software' started by claytm00, Mar 26, 2006.

1. claytm00

claytm00 Private E-2

Hi, I've been meaning to post this question for quite some time. I brought a new PC last year which has Windows XP - I've since updraded this to SP2.

On my old PC, I can have multiple user accounts so that one person apart from myself could log on and only have access to files in their settings and not access to my files.

On my new PC, this doesn't seem to work so someone signing in on a guest account can still view my documents and settings.

What do I need to do to add this security setting so that users cannot view other peoples files?

Thanks

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

The drive has to be NTFS, and your My Documents folder must be set to be private.

3. claytm00

claytm00 Private E-2

Hi

Is it easy to set the drive to NTFS? If so, how do I do this and what are there any impacts of seeting this?

Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds