windows XP no executables work

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mel, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Mel

Mel Private E-2

I am running Windows XO build 2600 with SP1. My computer started slowly messing things up while I was working. Then I shut it down and when I restarted it, I got nothing but a long beep that killed my ears. I cut it off for a few days and then I restarted it and let it beep its little heart out, eventually it tried to start. A DOS looking screen came up and said that I didn't have enough memory to run Windows NT. I needed a min. of 7 MB. I have 512 MB. Then I restarted again and again and eventually my desktop and my computer came back to life. But much o my dismay, no executables will run! What do I do?

THANKS for any help that anyone might can give to me!

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

sounds like you got nailed with a virus

3. Mel

Mel Private E-2

No .exe

Is ther anything that I can do remedy this situation?

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Housecall.antivirus.com

Do an online scan.

The first part of the cure, is to diagnose the sickness.

Find out if you have a virus.

IE won't start?

Rename its extension to .com , or (in the event this is Swen), .cmd.

5. Mel

Mel Private E-2

It won't open this page. Any more ideas?

thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds