Windows XP on SATA HD as PATA or IDE - How SATA AHCI?

Discussion in 'Software' started by ourspolaire, May 29, 2010.

1. ourspolaire

ourspolaire Private E-2

Hi, :)

I installed Windows XP on a SATA HD but the BIOS is set to see a PATA ( or IDE ). I did the updates from Microsoft, so I have SP3 installed. The question is: How can I install the SATA driver and switch the BIOS configuration for the SATA to AHCI (instead of IDE (or PATA)) ??? :confused

2. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

Sadly, you will probably have to reinstall as AHCI drivers must be installed during installation of XP.

Don't jump ahead though, hang around for a while as someone else here may know more than me.

3. ourspolaire

ourspolaire Private E-2

Hi collinsl ;)

New info: I don't have a floppy.

I know it is possible to create a CD WinXP with the SATA AHCI drivers included.

But I have seen on the web that it seems possible to install the drivers when you are in SATA-IDE without reinstall the CD WinXP... I just lost the links for doing it... :-o

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds