Windows XP peculiar start up.... help!

Discussion in 'Software' started by khot78, Aug 25, 2004.

1. khot78

khot78 Private E-2

Hi,

My PC (windows XP, 2.0 gHz, 768 meg ram, DSL with router) has been starting up peculiarly the last few months. When I turn on the PC, it starts with a black screen, and tells me about my video card. Then the Gateway screen comes on (it is a Gateway) with the config and boot options. It waits on this screen for several minutes (as much as 6 minutes) and moves on the windows start up (which is very fast).

When I become frustrated, I usually hit the power button, and it restarts again, but the wait time on the gateway screen is greatly reduced (15 seconds or less).

I would like to know why it does this... is there a process that windows runs on startup? I also reformatted my HD and reinstalled the operating system, but the problem persists.

Please help!

Thanking you all in advanced,

Richard

2. BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey Master Sergeant

3. khot78

khot78 Private E-2

I have tried the startup program, to no avail.... There does not seem to be any peculiar programs.
    Usually, if there are, it would be during the windows startup period that slows down, and you can hear the CPU and HD churning, right?
    In my case, at the gateway splash screen, it just stays silent.
    Any other thoughts?
    Rgds
    Richard

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds