Windows XP Picture and Fax Viewer and independent program problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tiakathryn, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Tiakathryn

Tiakathryn Private E-2

I'm having a weird issue. I can't seem to open up a program (finepix viewer) OR open an image in windows pic and fax viewer. Didn't have this problem before and can't seem to locate any info on it. If I try to attach a photo in internet explorer from the "my pictures" it closes the explorer and tells me that there is an error but doesn't give much more information.
    I'm ready to wipe the dang system...lol.
    Till then, Anyone have any ideas or found anything that sounds like this?

Thanks
    Tia

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

So if you double click a picture file it gives you an error?

ok... try this right click the picture and from the menu choose "Open With" then you can choose either "windows Picture & fax viewer" or a program of your choice.

When you mention Finepix viewer I take it you have a Fuji camera?

3. Tiakathryn

Tiakathryn Private E-2

Hi. Yes I have a fuji digital also, sometimes use it to open other pictures.
    I tried the "open with" way also, same errors...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds